We take your safety seriously.
Firelands Regional Medical Center is the area's largest and most comprehensive resource for quality medical care. Resulting from the consolidation of what once were three separate hospitals serving the area, Firelands Regional Medical Center now serves as the only full-service medical center in Erie County. Firelands Regional Medical Center is locally managed and governed as a not-for-profit healthcare facility.
- Sandusky is located on the beautiful shores of Lake Erie, midway between Cleveland and Toledo, near State Route 2 and the Ohio Turnpike (Route 80).
- Firelands Regional Medical Center serves the counties of Erie, Ottawa, Sandusky and Huron, covering a regional service area with over 300,000 residents.
- Firelands Counseling and Recovery Services has 10 offices located in seven counties: Erie, Huron, Lorain, Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca and Wyandot.
- Firelands Home Health Services currently serves four counties (Erie, Huron, Ottawa and Sandusky) and parts of nine more communities (Crawford, Cuyahoga, Hancock, Lorain, Lucas, Seneca, Wood, Wyandot and Richland).
By the Numbers
- 424 registered beds in 2016
- 8,865 inpatients and 267,183 outpatients served in 2015
- Approximately 2,128 employees; Sandusky’s largest year-round employer
- 51,657 Emergency Room visits in 2015
- 752 births in 2015
- 260 medical staff members, representing over 35 different specialties
- Over 13,700 surgeries performed each year
Firelands Regional Health System provided over $29.5 million in community benefit in 2013. Community benefit includes uncovered costs of medical education, charity care and care not covered by Medicare and Medicaid, donations, community health education and outreach programs, and subsidized health services.
University of Toledo Medical Center – Toledo, OhioOhio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine – Athens, OhioBowling Green State University - Bowling Green, OhioBowling Green State University – Firelands College - Huron, OhioUniversity of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine – Kansas City, Mo.University of Osteopathic Medicine Health Sciences – Des Moines, IowaMidwestern University College of Osteopathic Medicine – Glendale, Ariz.Lorain County Community College - Elyria, OhioLourdes College – Sylvania, OhioErie Huron Ottawa Vocational Education (EHOVE) - Milan, OhioSandusky Career Center - Sandusky, OhioTerra Community College - Fremont, Ohio
Hospital Network Affiliations
University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center collaboration and physician staffing agreement
Business has not been claimed. Claim your business now and complete the missing details!
1111 Hayes Avenue, Sandusky 44870, Erie County
Some of the listing features are available only for registered users.
Please login to view all listing details!